[IKI-aktivistit] Does IKI subdomains support AWS Route 53 subdomains

Tero Kivinen kivinen at iki.fi
Mon Jan 16 15:56:57 EET 2017

Pekka Nikander writes:

> >> I found out that easydns works with iki subdomains.  pnr.iki.fi is
> >> now hosted there.
> >
> > It would be nice to have some instructions how to use different
> > provides for iki-subdomains in wiki, so can you write up something how
> > to set it up. Especially if there is something special you need to do.
>
> I created the following page (in Finnish):
>
> https://ikiwiki.iki.fi/faq/alidomainin_hallinnointi_managing_a_dns_subdomain
>
> If it is in an inappropriate place, perhaps you can move it.

That is good place for it.

> I didn't know from where to link to it; please add appropriate links.

I added it to the main faq index
(https://ikiwiki.iki.fi/faqindex/faqindex?&#edistyneet_palvelut) and
also to the https://ikiwiki.iki.fi/faq/ikidomain page.

> If there is any need, I can add a corresponding English page.

The iki is mainly meant to for people who speak finnish, we do not try
to offer services to the whole world, we try to help people in Finland
(or people somehow related to Finland) to keep in touch through
internet.

Thats why most of our services are mostly in Finnish.
kivinen at iki.fi